Amazon Prime Day 2017 is today! With prices slashed across every category and Amazon deals so cheap that you can’t resist them, you’re not going to want to miss out. Here’s everything you need to know about Prime Day 2017, including how to find the best deals and discounts.
In order to take advantage of Amazon Prime Day, you’ll need to be a Prime member. You can sign up for the 30 day free trial and not have to pay a penny if you remember to cancel before your trial is over.
If you want to find out more about what you get with Amazon Prime before you sign up, read our complete guide to Amazon Prime.
If you’re in the US, you can visit our sister site PC World for all of the US Prime Day deals. Stick with us for the best UK deals right here.
Best Amazon Prime Day deals
We’ve picked out the very best of Amazon’s Prime Day deals here. In addition to those mentioned, you’ll find super speedy Lightning deals that will be available for an hour or two, or until they’re sold out. See all Lightning deals here.
Top 10 Amazon Prime Day Deals
The Echo is one of the most exciting gadgets in years and has huge potential, so it’s well worth considering grabbing one this Amazon Prime Day with such a big discount. It’s a hands-free voice-activated speaker which uses Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant, to play music, check the weather, turn on the lights and much, much more.
Find out more in our Amazon Echo review or head straight to Amazon to take advantage of today’s deal.
When Amazon first launched the £49 Fire Tablet in 2015, it instantly became the benchmark for cheap tablets. Almost two years later, the brilliant tablet is still just £49.99, and for Prime Day Amazon has slashed the price to an incredible £29.99.
The Fire 7 has Alexa baked into the software, too. This is a great value tablet at £50, but at £30 it’s a complete steal. Don’t miss out!
Find out more in our Amazon Fire 7 review or head straight to Amazon to take advantage of today’s deal.
This is one of the best Xbox One S deals we’ve seen to date. You’ll get the Xbox One S (500GB) itself, as well as Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft, Chatpad & Headset and a second controller, all for an incredible £179.99
Huawei’s second generation smartwatch has a double-chrome design for a premium, sporty look. But it’s the hardware that really sets it apart from rivals: it boasts 4G connectivity, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing for use without a connected smartphone.
The array of built-in sensors in the Watch 2 provides in-depth fitness tracking, too.
There may be a newer Surface Pro in town, but the Pro 4 is still a great Windows tablet/laptop. The screen is awesome and there’s plenty of power available, so at this price you’re getting an absolutely brilliant deal.
This durable, waterproof and shockproof wireless speaker is a steal at £71, which is more than half price. It offers up to 15 hours of battery life, and sounds great thanks to its 360 degree design.
The Fire TV Stick is a media streamer that lets you watch Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube and UK catch-up TV. You can install more apps and games on it to get more content, too. It plugs into your TV directly via the HDMI port, and this model has Amazon Alexa built in.
8. De’Longhi Nespresso EN550 Lattissima Touch Automatic Coffee Machine | Was £279.99, Now £125.99 | 55% off
This gorgeous coffee machine is more than half price as part of Amazon Prime Day. Available in three colours, it can make the perfect latte or cappuccino with just the touch of a button.
Get 40% off these in-ear headphones from Bose, designed for long wear with StayHear ultra tips for comfortable but secure listening. There’s an on-cable microphone, too.
Be sure to choose between the pair designed for iOS and the pair designed for Android before you buy (both are on offer, but have subtle differences so this is an important step).
There are various TVs on sale today as part of Amazon Prime Day, including this 49in model from LG. It boasts 4K, HDR, and is a Smart TV too, complete with Freeview Play.
Amazon Prime Day Echo Deals
Amazon Prime Day Fire Tablet Deals
- Fire 7 Tablet, was £49.99, now £29.99 (40% off). View deal here.
- Fire 8 Tablet, was £79.99, now £49.99 (38% off). View deal here.
- Fire 7 Kids Edition, was £99.99, now £69.99 (30% off). View deal here.
- Fire 8 Kids Edition, was £129.99, now £89.99 (31% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Kindle Deals
- Kindle Paperwhite, was £109.99, now £79.99 (27% off). View deal here.
- Kindle Voyage, was £169.99, now £129.99 (24% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Baby Tech Deals
- Angelcare AC401 Movement and Sound Baby Monitor, was £109.99, now £49 (55% off). View deal here.
See more similar deals on our Best Gadgets Deals page.
Amazon Prime Day Camera Deals
- Sony Compact System Camera Body Only, was £1,070, now £674 (37% off). View deal here.
- GoPro Hero 5 Session Action Camera, was £381, now £244.99 (36% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Coffee Machine Deals
- De’Longhi Nespresso EN550 Lattissima Touch Automatic Coffee Machine, was £279.99, now £125.99 (55% off). View deal here.
- Nescafe Dolce Gusto Melody 3 Coffee Machine, was £52.49, now £25.99 (50% off). View deal here.
- De’Longhi Eletta Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, was £829.99, now £399 (52% off). View deal here.
- Jura IMPRESSA F8 Aroma+ TFT Coffee machine, was £999, now £619.99 (38% off). View deal here.
- Magimix Nespresso Maestria Coffee Machine, was £349.99, now £199.99 (43% off). View deal here.
See more similar deals on our Best Gadgets Deals page.
Amazon Prime Day Gaming Deals
- Logitech H800 Wireless Headset, was £89.99, now £53.99 (40% off). View deal here.
- WipEout: Omega Collection (PS4), was £29.99, now £19.99 (33% off). View deal here.
- Xbox One S 500GB games + controller bundle, was £296.61, now £179.99 (£111 off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Headphones deals
- Sennheiser HD 598SR Over-Ear Headphones, was £199, now £99 (50% off). View deal here.
- Bose SoundTrue Ultra In-Ear headphones, was £99.95, now £60 (40% off). View deal here.
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Headphones, was £139.99, now £79 (40% off). View deal here.
- Sony XBS-N1AP High-Res Audio In-Ear headphones, was £150, now £79.99 (47% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Home Tech deals
- Philips Hue Wireless Smart Lighting Starter Kit, was £149.99, now £89.99 (4033% off). View deal here.
- Hive Active Heating Kit, was £179.99, now £103.49 (42% off). View deal here.
- Y-Cam EVO Indoor HD Wi-Fi Security Camera, was £129.99, now £71.99 (45% off). View deal here.
- TP-Link Smart LED Wi-Fi Light Bulb, was £24.99, now £15.74 (37% off). View deal here.
- Arlo Smart Home Security Camera Kit, was £409.99, now £224.99 (45% off). View deal here.
- TP-Link HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug, was £24.99, now £16.19 (35% off). View deal here.
See more similar deals on our Best Gadgets Deals page
Amazon Prime Day PC Deals
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8 TB External Hard Drive, was £249.99, now £119.99 (52% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Pet Tech Deals
- Tractive GPS Pet Tracker, was £38.99, now 28.19 (30% off). View deal here.
- PetSafe Automatic Ball Launhcer, was £127.98, now £89.49 (30% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Smartwatch Deals
- Huawei Watch 2, was £379, now £259. View deal here.
- Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Running Watch, was £169.99, now £109.99 (35% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Speaker Deals
- UE Boom 2 Speaker, was £169.99, now £71 (58% off). View deal here.
- B&O PLAY Beoplay A1 Speaker, was £199.99, now £179.99 (10% off). View deal here.
- B&O PLAY Beolit 15 Bluetooth speaker, was £399, now £224 (44% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day Turntable Deals
- ION Audio Max LP Belt-Drive Turntable, was £79.99, now £49.99 (38% off). View deal here.
- Audio-Technica Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Turntable, was £149.99, now £95 (37% off). View deal here.
Amazon Prime Day TV deals
- 49in LG 4K TV, was £729.99, now £479.99 (34% off). View deal here.
- 55in LG 4K TV, was £1,029.99, now £689 (33% off). View deal here.
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, was £39.99, now £29.99 (25% off). View deal here.
- Epson LCD Projector, was £529.99, now £359.99 (32% off). View deal here.
See more TV deals from Amazon and the rest of the web here.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
2017’s Prime Day is the third of its kind. The first was in the summer of 2015 when Amazon was celebrating its 20th birthday, but it was such a success that it has now become an annual deals event.
Amazon Prime Day is bigger and better than ever, with deals as huge and as plentiful as they are on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. They’re only for Amazon Prime customers, though, so you’ll need to sign up to Amazon Prime or its 30-day free trial to take advantage of the offers.
Amazon Prime Day tips
- Join us right here on this page for a curated list of the best deals. Amazon will cut the prices on thousands of products so let us do the hard work for you to help you make the most out of it.
- Use the Watch this Deal button on upcoming deals to make sure you don’t miss them.
- Join the Waitlist for products that say 100% claimed, because people often change their minds and don’t buy. You’ll get a notification to alert you if more become available.
- Choose No-Rush delivery to earn rewards.
How to get Amazon Prime
As mentioned, the catch is that you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime customer in order to take advantage of the deals.
You can find out more about Amazon Prime and the huge number of features it offers for that £79 per year fee (or £59 if you sign up now) in our complete guide to Amazon Prime. Also visit: Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video.
Be sure to cancel your subscription before your free trial ends to avoid being charged. Find out more about how to cancel your subscription properly here.
If you’ve previously had a free trial of Amazon Prime, you might be surprised to hear that you can do so again if it has been more than a year since your last trial.
You might also like: How to share Amazon Prime with family & friends.
Rival deal events
Amazon’s competitors are keen to attract some of the attention back to their online stores on Prime Day, so they’ve kicked off their own big sales and deal events. You can find them by clicking on the links below: